Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Military Documents Found, Waiting for Others...

A few military documents have been posted, including a WWII registration card for Agostino DeFalco. He was in his 60s when he had to register for the war...

Speaking of Agostino, I sent away to the state of NJ to obtain a copy of his death certificate, in the hopes that it provides a few dates, places and the names of his parents.

It could take several months to receive a copy of this document, so I'll likely be focusing on getting some of the DeFalco photos identified and posted...

I have also ordered a copy of the marriage certificate for Agostino's wife's brother. Antonino Garifo married Maria Palozalla in New York and I located the marriage certificate number. This document should have Antonino's parents names listed. Since he is Fortunata (Garifo) DeFalco's brother, this information will help me fill in the names of another generation back in the DeFalco tree. Based on Italian naming traditions, I fully expect that the names will be Antonio and Guiseppa. I should have this document within the next few weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home